Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Running Tabata Something Else

Tabata Something Else is a workout that you do 4 consecutive rounds of tabata with different workouts. If you don't know what tabata is look here. The workout works like this:

1 round - pullups
1 round - pushups
1 round - situps
1 round - squats

In other words you do a full tabata set then move on to the next without pausing more than your given ten seconds. What I did was the running supplemented version of this workout. It works like this:

Pullups
1 Mile - 7:57
Pushups
1 Mile - 9:02
Situps
1 Mile - 8:31
Squats
1 Mile - 8:34

Clearly those calisthenics are the tabata form of their already exciting selves. You can also see my times for my miles on the above chart. As you can see, I really struggled on mile two then I evened out afterwards. I think a big problem is that I started the workout with minor dehydration. Then it was supplemented by the temperature, which is currently about 86 degrees Fahrenheit with high levels of humidity.

Overall, I felt good. I felt like I was going to die at first but then I got used to the heat and started sucking down the water. In the end, I finished and was ready to continue if I had to. However, I did not.

GoRuck - 23 days... Compel me.

No comments:

Post a Comment