Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Matt n Nick

Yesterday I worked out with Matt and Nick. Matt's the same one that took me mountain biking a week ago. The three of us are doing the GoRuck challenge together in 2 weeks and had our first team workout yesterday. This isn't a big deal because the three of us are already very team oriented so team bonding isn't really priority number one.

As for the workout, we ran 4 miles and did 300 pushups, situps/flutter kicks, and squats. We did this with our camelbaks on so I decided right away that we should do flutter kicks instead of situps because we could just move the bag up and do flutter kicks relatively normally. Nick and Matt did some situps anyway and mixed flutter kicks in, I did just straight flutter kicks. It went like this:

1-mile
100 : pushups, flutter kicks, squats (No Partitioning)
1-mile
20 : pushups, flutter kicks, squats 5x
1-mile
20 : pushups, flutter kicks, squats 5x
1-mile

I finished in 1 hour and 3 seconds. When I finished I thought that my watch said 1 hour and 3 100ths of a second which pumped me up because my goal was an hour. However, I then realized the milliseconds changed to seconds when an hour was reached. Oh well, I still feel good about the workout.

Overall, I worked really hard and loved the entire workout but I really had to push myself on the last mile. I had 8 minutes to finish the mile and I didn't think I could do it. Turns out it was 8 minutes and 3 seconds. Matt and Nick worked hard too and I think the three of us had a great workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment