Monday, July 18, 2011

Mountain Biking

I went mountain biking with my good friend Matt this past weekend. I had never been before so I was a little tentative to try it. However, I manned up and went for it. Matt is pretty good and goes a lot so I was happy to be going with someone that has some experience.

First, we went on a little obstacle course to warm up and I did horribly. I fell off of a board really quickly and hurt something that no man ever wants hurt. However, the good news is that was really the only "injury" I sustained during the trip.

Once we got onto the real trails the workout really started. Riding up hill over roots and rocks was difficult. But, I soon started having fun so I forgot I was working out. After riding for a few hours we were both pretty tired and it was time to go home.

However, we got lost on the wrong side of the mountain. After figuring it out we rode a few miles back to the parking lot. I shouldn't speak for him but I know my legs were fried.

Good news, I recovered quickly and the next day I was only a little sore. I really enjoyed the right and look forward to biking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment