Thursday, August 4, 2011

Re-Murph

The other day I did the Murph workout again. I didn't do it weighted because I wanted to compare it to my previous non-weighted time. I shaved a solid minute and a half off of my time. What excites me the most is that I kept my form up through all of the calisthenics. When I did it last time my pullups really started to slack, but this time it was much better.

Today, my plan is to do weighted Murph again. Just typing that I dread what the afternoon holds in store for me. But, I also can't wait to get started. This time I'm going to pack my bag with either bricks or the 20 lb dumbbell. I'll likely use the bricks so that I can wrap them up. I just ate a big sandwich so while I digest I'll prepare the bricks for not just this run but next weekend's run which is the GoRuck Challenge.

Well, with that being said, this is going to be one of the last posts until I start briefly training for a possible marathon I have in my future then Tough Mudder. My brother told me I was doing everything backwards. He said I should be running a marathon, doing TM, then GoRuck followed by a second TM. But, I just want to get a GRC under my belt...

No comments:

Post a Comment